[rescue] ultra 60 cdrom problems

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at twmaster.com
Sat Jul 8 11:25:17 CDT 2006

On Jul 8, 2006, at 12:15 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

>> From: Dimitar Vasilev <dimitar.vassilev at gmail.com>
>> Date: Sat Jul 08 00:55:32 CDT 2006
>> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>> Subject: Re: [rescue] ultra 60 cdrom problems
>
>> Thanks to all!
>> Could you help me and specify the interface I should look for? AFAIK
>> it's ultrascsi is implemented as general interface in ultra 60 with
>> 40MB/s peak, which equivalents to plextor 40x ultrawide scsi as I
>> check specs on ebay and ultra60 reference manual.
>
> You want a drive with a 50 pin SCSI interface - if you get a drive
> with a 68 pin interface, you will need an adapter, which will only
> increase your costs...
>
> I would suggest Plextor drives highly, but there are many good name
> brands that are also good. Plextor drives are quite reasonable on the
> used market when compared with their quality, but there are cheaper
> drives - you typically get what you pay for.

I'll second Plextor as the drive of choice.

Dimitar, if you need a cheap drive shoot me private email. I think I
still have a couple of 32X Plextors around.

--
Mike N

The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words,
there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence, but
government regulations on the sale of cabbage total 26,911 words.