[rescue] Is it kosher to post Craigslist links here?

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Wed Jul 5 09:02:50 CDT 2006

Don Y wrote:

> Yes, it seems like "audio books" are really only intended to
> be read linearly. Passively. (good choice of word?)

   I have a long audiobook on my iPod which is actually the book-on-CD
ripped into tracks of one chapter each -- over 60 of them -- in iTunes.

   I did this as an experiment which I have declined to repeat: when I
have the iPod set on "Shuffle," the music is sometimes interrupted by
chapters of James Hornfischer's book "Last of the Tin Can Sailors" about
the Battle of Leyte Gulf in WWII in the Phillippes.

   Very jarring. :7)

-wde
--
Will Enestvedt