[rescue] question on video cards for U10

Bryan Gurney arb_npx42 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 31 19:33:02 CST 2006

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 16:29:16 -0500, Patrick Finnegan
<pat at computer-refuge.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 31 January 2006 01:20, Brian Howe wrote:
>> I would like to add a video card to my U10 so that I can use my LCD
>> monitor. I know that the builtin adapter will not work with my
>> display because in needs to have sync-on-green.
>>
>> Is there a PCI video card that will work in the U10 that I can hook
>> my LCD display to?
>
> Are you sure it's not just a problem of resolution / sync rates?  The
> standard 1152x900 (or whatever it is) on Sun stuff isn't very well
> supported by LCDs.  You can modifiy it in OpenBoot, look at google for
> details.
>
> Pat

I have a U5, and when I first turned it on with a keyboard plugged in, it
went right on to 1280x1024 (but I forget what refresh rate), and displayed
properly on a VGA CRT monitor.  I think it might be an OBP variable; when
in doubt, type in "printenv" and look at everything.