[rescue] TCP Wrappers on Solaris question...

Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 patrick at zill.net
Tue Jan 31 16:13:31 CST 2006

I have a strange TCP Wrappers question.

I want to start to create a "blacklist" of hosts that should never be allowed to connect to my Solaris box.  At the same time, anything not on the blacklist, should be allowed through.

What is the proper incanation in the hosts.allow and hosts.deny to make this happen?  The examples I see would work for say, 5 IPs (like "ALLOW EXCEPT 1.2.3.4") but would quickly become cumbersome when dealing with say 50 IPs.

Is there a way to reference an external list of IPs so that I can just maintain a simple list and point TCP Wrappers to it?

"The man pages .... they do nothing!" in this case.

--Patrick