[rescue] NeWS

Devin L. Ganger devin at thecabal.org
Sun Jan 29 15:24:23 CST 2006

on 1/29/2006 1:22 PM Richard wrote:

> If you have specific accusations, I can find out more about them from
> the windows security experts.  Chances are there is a simple way to
> deal with them, such as not allowing people to use a Windows box as an
> administrator.

To be fair, Microsoft has been preaching "don't assume you're an admin"
to developers for a long time. On the other hand, it's only in the past
year or two that they've gotten serious across the board about it
themselves, although the major product groups have been aiming toward
LUA as a requirement for a while now.

If nothing else, Vista will be good because it will finally push forward
LUA as the default.

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org>
Homepage: http://www.thecabal.org/~devin/