[rescue] NeWS (Gnome)

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Jan 29 11:11:20 CST 2006

Fri, 27 Jan 2006 @ 14:11 -0500, Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 said:

> On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 13:30, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
> > Gnome is a trainwreck that we're all being forced to ride.
>
> If GNOME were a TV series it would be:

I was thinking more along the lines of you couldn't see who was playing
the parts because of the snow and occasional channel blackouts...

In some ways I like Gnome, and it does look fairly good, and a lot of it
is good ideas.

It just seems like by now they would have changed focus to start
building production quality releases that were stable, and also solidify
the base and put more work into reliability and resource usage.

To their credit, one or two guys have put a lot of work into cleanup,
but they seem to be doing so mostly alone.

I read that Sun had that as a major focus, but I don't really see it
happening. Maybe they just can't influence the project much, or don't
really care.

> ST:TNG without Worf and Picard (I would have gladly red-shirted Riker
> at any point in the series)

For me it was Wesley that had to go, and in the most painful way
possible. I know Worf wanted to do it many times.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Castles are sacked in war, Chieftains are
scattered far, Truth is a fixed star, Eileen aroon!" -- Gerald Griffin]