[rescue] NeWS

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Sun Jan 22 06:42:35 CST 2006

<snip>
> There are plenty of things Windows does well.  None of them are what I
> need.  Windows tends to make easy tasks trivial and difficult tasks more
> difficult.  I am a power user.  I don't want the OS getting in my way.

This is an excellent observation, very true for me, and possiblly the
root of much of my Windows frustration.

<snip>

> How much do commercial Solaris licenses for workstations cost?

This I don't know because I use it either at home for personal use, or
on machines where someone else pays for the license.

And, Yes, I did forget about the bastard child, Windows ME; that was
truly awful.

We haven't even touched on that tangled morass of configuration
parameters called the resistry, yet, either.

So, fashionable or not, we who hate Windows generally have pretty good
reason to do so...

Steve