[rescue] Blade 100

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 16:17:24 CST 2006

On 1/20/06, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone know where I can get a Sun Blade 100 (or even a 150) as cheaply
> as possible?  I need to replace my parents' router/mail/squid/dns box,
> and I think the Sun Blade might be the right thing.

Squid?  I hope you aren't planning on Solaris w/the internal IDE drive...
like molasses, in winter, my friend!

I'd vote U2 or similar myself if you are going to use Solaris.

If you go Sun Blade, and are not using Solaris, read up on the
DMA stuff, as there is a known problem with DMA being on and
boot  loader/root file system corruption.  The on-board IDE is
serious junk.

=Nadine=