[rescue] info trumps man

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Jan 19 15:03:12 CST 2006

Richard <legalize at xmission.com> wrote:
[...]
> When I did a lot of coding on *nix, I would do email/news in vi and
> write code in emacs. I never went for the fancy syntax coloring in
> emacs though, I found it too gaudy and distracting.

You can change the level of colour highlighting, you know? It's not
necessarily just on/off. In many languages, it's useful just to know
whether or not a string has been terminated. In Perl with its many
minilanguages, this is even more important.

I'm colourblind anyway, so I have to crank the saturation up and/or
away from red, if anything.

> These days I don't write code for *nix anymore, so my code editing
> is done almost exclusively in vs.net on Win32 platforms. I use
> vs.net on my home machines for lots of "code like" editing tasks
> too. I still do all my news/mail through a *nix shell where I use vi
> (like I'm doing now).

I think I'd rather look for a new career than have to earn a crust
programming Win32.

--
A man's only as old as the woman he feels.
								- Groucho Marx