[rescue] info trumps man

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Jan 19 14:46:20 CST 2006

Sandwich Maker <adh at an.bradford.ma.us> wrote:
[...]
> my favorite acronym expansions:
> eight megabytes and constantly swapping [from when things were small]

Not once it's linked against the Cocoa libraries:

USER       PID %CPU %MEM      VSZ    RSS  TT  STAT STARTED      TIME COMMAND
abuse     1588   0.1  1.9   175192  10216  ??  S    Sun11PM   6:55.47 /Applications/DarwinPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -psn_

> escape-meta-alt-control-shift [still presumably true]

I don't think I've ever had to chord metakeys in Emacs.

> i was deep into vi by the time i even heard of emacs, and as a
> budding sysadmin it didn't seem smart to rely on something not on
> the install media. now i almost think in vi.

I learned vi first but never really got on with it. I'd heard about
this thing called Emacs, spent an hour working through the tutorial,
and was hooked.

I can still use vi if emacs isn't installed, of course. Mind you, if
your predecessor had the same rather bizarre tastes as mine, you'll
find that vi was removed and pico put in its place. Now *that* is a
sucky editor.

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse at mooli.org.uk for full key