[rescue] info trumps man

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Jan 19 13:21:05 CST 2006

" From: der Mouse <mouse at Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
"
" > One of my favorite quotes from earlier days of usenet that grew out
" > of a mockery of the vi vs emacs flame-wars:
"
" > "You mean emacs can edit text?  Wow, it really can do everything."
"
" One of my co-admins on a mud I co-run has as one of his connect
" messages:
"
" "Emacs is a nice OS - but it lacks a good text editor.  That's why I'm using vim."  --Anonymous

my favorite acronym expansions:
eight megabytes and constantly swapping [from when things were small]
escape-meta-alt-control-shift [still presumably true]

i was deep into vi by the time i even heard of emacs, and as a budding
sysadmin it didn't seem smart to rely on something not on the install
media.  now i almost think in vi.