[rescue] Monstrous rack of SGI Origin 200 stuff on eBay

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Wed Jan 18 20:35:51 CST 2006

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5854869917&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

(or http://tinyurl.com/7ohtu)

Looks like one rack full of:
 - 2 O200 rackmount units (total of four processors)
 - 4 8-bay RAID enclosures
 - 1 PCI/XIO expansion chassis
 - 1 rack with glass door
Also:
 - 1 desktop O200, complete except for some fans
 - various SCSI and ethernet cards in the machines and expansions.

In Texas, near Dallas. I want this (I've always wanted a Craylinked pair
of O200s), but in an apartment...

The bidding starts out at a whopping $10. Just one bid so far; ends in 3
days. Oh yeah, he says that he'll take things apart and ship individual
pieces via UPS.

Anyway, the usual "no affiliation" blah blah.

 - Micah