[rescue] FS/FTGH: Sun kit

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Tue Jan 17 00:24:49 CST 2006

In article <43CC8062.907 at widomaker.com>,
    Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>  writes:

> For example, one Nubus card had four GPUs on it, and at the time was one
> of the fastest graphics cards you could get.  I can't remember the
> manufacturer.

Number Nine, perhaps?  I think they made a NuBus graphics adapter as
well as a PC adapter.

> I remember the first time I saw a "nice" Apple setup.  There was a IIci
> and a IIfx together, both with quad GPU graphics cards.  Everything was
> fast and smooth even at high resolutions.  Both of them cost more than a
> decent car.

There were a few of these around the UofU CS department at that time
as well.

The department taught CS 104 (Pascal Programming) on Mac classics with
Light Speed Pascal.  I was a TA for that course and LSP was a pretty
decent environment for the classic -- it was like turbo pascal that
compiled everything in memory for fast compilation speed.
             Pilgrimage: Utah's annual demoparty
                <http://pilgrimage.scene.org>