[rescue] On the subject of 9 track tapes....

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Thu Jan 12 16:03:47 CST 2006

In article <20060112162251.C20624 at mh1.757tech.net>,
    Ethan O'Toole <ethan at 757tech.net>  writes:

>  I have a question regarding 9 track tape subsystems.
>
>  Were any of the later ones SCSI? Something that would be easy to talk to
>  from a modern UNIX OS?

Yes, for instance the HP88780 features three industry standard
interface options: single-ended SCSI, differential SCSI, and
Pertec-compatible. The SCSI interfaces include the SCSI copy command.

(Text ripped from the ebay listing for item #8747943548)
             Pilgrimage: Utah's annual demoparty
                <http://pilgrimage.scene.org>