[rescue] Netra T1 105 Problem

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at mac.com
Wed Jan 11 15:21:30 CST 2006

Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:
>Dan Williams wrote:
>> On 11/01/06, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I have a Netra T1 105 here that doesn't produce any output on its serial
>>>ports.  It appears to power up, and it clicks the CD-ROM drive and hard
>>>drive (left bay), but I never get anything on the serial ports.  Does
>>>anyone have any pointers as to anything I should be checking?  Is there
>>>a service manual for this around anywhere?
>>
>> If you the cable is known to be good (same as a cisco), someone may of
>> changed the settings. Try a monitor and keyboard and see what you get.
>
>I'm not at the machine right now, but I believe that it has neither
>graphics nor a keyboard port.
>
>And I've tried several cables.
>
>Peace...  Sridhar

My suggestion is to pop the cover.  There is an LED display on the inside of the case, facing a plastic divider.  This display is a relic of the Netra CP1500 board used to create the Netra T1/105.  For reference, the LED display will cycle 'H' 'E' 'L' 'P' when the T1 is at the OK prompt.

I have a T1 in the same condition. :-)