[rescue] Differential SCSI?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Jan 11 08:59:05 CST 2006

" From: velociraptor <velociraptor at gmail.com>
"
" On 1/10/06, Rox <rox at sunmuseum.org> wrote:
" > On 10 Jan 2006 at 5:35, jodys at helluin.org wrote:
" >
" > > Ignoring the issue of the wideness of the bus, am I  correct in thinking
" > > that I cannot connect "Differential", or HVD, devices to a single-ended
" > > or LVD bus?
" >
" > Yes (though there are interface convertors available which can
" > translate between the two, e.g. by Paralan and Rancho)
" >
" > > And will connecting single ended or LVD devices to a HVD bus actually
" > > make magic smoke come out?
"
" Some SCSI hard drives DTRT, though, so if that's where your question
" lies, check your drive specs.

afaik that's only wrt se/lvd, never hvd.