[rescue] TI99/4A in box, no bids

Aaron Finley aaronfinley at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 15:24:13 CST 2006

> TI-99/4As are incredibly common.  It seems to be the one computer that
> everyone had and wants to sell on e-bay :-).  You should also be able
> to find them in thrift shops quite often.
>
> I suggest holding out for a unit that has the floppy-drive and
> expansion enclosure.  These also show up on ebay fairly regularly, but
> with less frequency than just the base unit.
> --
>
> Well, I knew that, but the original box seems rare. I have no inclination
at this time to buy one, seeing that they are relatively common -- but my
hope in the future is to create a mini computer museum with all the
computers i used/wanted throughout the years. Rather short list, but it
would be somewhat interesting -- TI 99/4a, IBM PC/XT, IBM 286, SGI Indy, SGI
Indigo2, Sun Sparc 1, Sun Sparc 20, Sun Ultra 80, and now -- a Dell laptop
:-).

The 99/4A that I had was given to me by my grandfather, who found it in the
closet of his church. It had the full expansion case, a bunch of cards, two
floppies, a modem, the speech box, a whole bunch of manuals, and all the
cartridges - 20 some games and the advanced basic, from what I can remember.
I got this when I was 5 or 6 or so, and learned BASIC out of the manual.

Unfortunately, due to my habit as a kid of taking everything apart to see
how it worked, all of the 99/4A was utterly disassembled about 3 or 4 years
after I got it.

-- Aaron