[rescue] Fixing the NVRAM battery in the SS5

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Jan 6 13:20:40 CST 2006

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006, Bryan Gurney wrote:

> I haven't tried OpenBSD on it yet, mostly because you either need to
> buy the CD or have the box hooked up to the Internet.

It's not difficult to roll your own bootable ISO of OpenBSD.  I had a
shellscript to do that, at one point, but somewhere along the line
cdrecord's Sun-boot options changed, and I never got around to updating
it because I buy the CDs, anyhow.

But, as Sridhar pointed out, NetBSD on Sparc is very nice, too.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Buy the best there is, because it's sorry enough."
Elgin, TX         (                                      --Henry Zuehlke