[rescue] SGI/Clariion 5400 question

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 20:08:11 CST 2006

I have a SGI branded Clariion 5400, with the "thor" controllers. I
need a db9 to SC dup media adapter and sc dup to sc dup fiber to
connect this to my e5000 and I'll need an SPS with serial connection
to get the write cache going, but before I sink more money in it, I
just want to make sure it works.

When I connect to either serial ports I get this:

---------------------
Copyright (c) CLARiiON Storage Systems, Inc. 1991 - 1998
Disk Array Subsystem Controller
Model 5400
Firmware Revision 04.23 - Sep 22,1998

ABCabcDEabFGHIJabKabLMNOabcdPabcdQRabcdSabcd

Verifying Firmware revision

Initializing back end FIBRE...

Starting FLARE ...
Copyright (c) CLARiiON Storage Systems, Inc.   1991 - 1998

LICENSED MATERIAL - PROPERTY OF CLARiiON STORAGE SYSTEMS, INC.

                        LICENSED INTERNAL CODE

This software ("Code"), considered "Licensed Internal Code",
is the exclusive property of CLARiiON Storage Systems, Inc.  This
Code may be used only by users properly licensed to use this Code,
and only according to the terms of that license.  Use of this Code
constitutes acceptance of those license terms, including the
following:  (1) to use this Code only on the specific Machine(s),
identified by serial number(s), to which the said license applies;
(2) not to copy, reproduce, disassemble or decompile the Code by
any means, in whole or in part, and (3) not to transfer the Code
except together with (i) the Machine on which the use of the Code
is licensed and (ii) the applicable Licensed Internal Code license
terms and conditions (as stated in the Machine's user manual, and
as available upon request from CLARiiON Storage Systems, Inc.,
Coslin Drive, Southboro, MA 01772 (USA)).

The Subsystem is Currently Powering Up...Please Wait!
Entering Serial Application Mode

Is that normal that it stops here?

Also, all the drive leds are green but the yellow warning light in the
front right is lighted, above the green led.

Can I not get any command line interface on the serial port?

Francois