[rescue] wire my house!

Barry Keeney barryk at chaoscon.com
Wed Jan 4 09:44:36 CST 2006

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 05:26:27PM +0000, Peter wrote:
> > It's still a bargain. I'm paying 30 quid (USD50-ish) a month for
> > 1024/256, but Zen are considered once of the best providers.
>
> Wow. I'm paying $45/month (US) for 8 megabits down, 512 kilobits up.

  That's great, I pay $45 (plus $15 for static IP) for 1.5mb/256k DSL
from earthlink, the only high speed provider from my area at the time,
well who didn't what $400+ a month.....

  The local local phone company, which installed and maintains earthlinks
DSL equipment, keeps sending me offers for 256k/256k DSL. Every now and
then I call them asking why they can't match what I've already got.
"You installed it, it's less then a mile to the Phone switch...."
If they could get their act together I'd switch, because they offer
higher upload speeds then what I've got now and I could pick a local
ISP (www.swcp.com great company!) that I REALLY like.

  I work with guys from the same phone company so I know lots about how
phone stuff works and how things are setup in my area. Just hearing
them talk makes me wonder why phones work at all...  They even complain
about the phone service from their company :^(

Barry Keeney
Chaos Consulting
email barryk at chaoscon.com

"Rap is Square Dancing gone terribly, terribly Wrong...."