[rescue] Sparc LX Wanted

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Feb 27 21:19:17 CST 2006

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 08:15:33PM -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Joshua Boyd wrote:
>
> > Part of this thread was stuck in a mailq for some reason.  I think my
> > poor U5 is starting to feel a bit overloaded.
>
> Your mail is tanking a U5?  I've run an entire ISP on a SS10.  Are you
> subscribed to the smtpgate of alt.flame.greg-woods or something?

I don't know what the problem is.  I haven't been able to figure out how
to profile the machine.  I know that some of the time I have some PHP
stuff (accept I don't know if it is the PHP or the mysql behind it) that
is causing slowness when in use, and I don't know if they are having
trouble because of low memory or low CPU power.  I didn't write any of
the PHP programs myself.

Currently it is running with a load of 0.49.  High culprits are httpd,
sshd, imapd, and python.

On a side note, I'm not sure why a load of that sort would cause mail
trouble anyway.  All I know is that sometimes emails don't show up for
hours, or sometimes a day (but not usually).

I did get the ORA postfix book, but am still trying to find the time to
go through it thoroughly.

And I haven't had much time to try to deal with things on jdboyd.net anyway.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/