[rescue] NeWS

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Thu Feb 23 16:38:38 CST 2006

In article <20060223214702.GC14675 at widomaker.com>,
    Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>  writes:

> According to developrs I've talked to, not everything can be done that
> way.j I don't know, but at least some of the people I've talked to seem
> pretty sharp.

I know lots of sharp Windows developers that don't know diddly about
installation on Windows.  In most organizations, the install is dumped
onto the "junior engineer" and usually isn't in the development plan
either.  It often ends up being a chewing-gum and bailing-wire
construction thrown together at the last minute.

This is starting to be like the other Windows bashing thread where the
accusation is vaguely made and no specifics are discussed.  Until
specifics are mentioned, there is no way to validate nor repudiate the
accusation.

I know quite a bit about installation and upgrading of software on
Windows, so if you can get to the specifics then we can get to the
meat of the matter.
             Pilgrimage: Utah's annual demoparty
                <http://pilgrimage.scene.org>