[rescue] Any IBM PC Server 500 System/390 users/gurus out there?

Clemson, Chris Chris.Clemson at softwareag.co.uk
Tue Feb 14 11:40:14 CST 2006

> Check out ftp://p390.ibm.com/

Thanks, I'm leeching this as I'm writing this!

> > Depending on the state of the machine, it might be nice to reinstall
> > everything from scratch (and it would be handy from a learning point
> > of view), for which CDs would be needed (somewhere it mentioned they
> > were encrypted which doesn't sound good!).
>
> Yeah, not being able to get ahold of the software could be
> something of
> a problem.  You also need a LIC (Licensed Internal Code) diskette for

Ah right, maybe I should just try and fix what's not working atm.
Well it seems to have booted now, I must have just been impatient, or
the RAID card is just bitching that it needs a new HD. There's also a
normal OS/2 error, so I can probably fix that.

Not sure what I'm going to do with it, although fitting an overdrive to
it sounds like fun:
http://ohlandl.ipv7.net/complexes/P90upgrd.html

Chris