[rescue] How to check the RAM layout on your SPARC...

Espen Randen rescue at lpl.nu
Wed Feb 8 11:32:07 CST 2006

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 11:48:07AM -0500, Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 wrote:
> From: Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 <patrick at zill.net>
> To: rescue at sunhelp.org
> Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 11:48:07 -0500
> Subject: [rescue] How to check the RAM layout on your SPARC...
>
> I had someone ask how to determine what their RAM config was on their system, which they were not physically near.
>
> Here is the shell script I was able to locate that does this.  I am not sure how well it works on x86/Solaris, but it works fine on SPARC systems:
>
> http://www.zill.net/memtest.sh.txt
>
> Save it as memtest.sh , then run "chmod +x memtest.sh" and run it.
>
> If someone knows of a newer version, please let me know about it.

If you take a look at the first few lines of memtest.sh.txt you'll see that it's actually
an old version of memconf.

http://myweb.cableone.net/4schmidts/memconf.html is the "official" site for memconf.

--
"YOU, with the C++ compiler and no knowledge of how computers work!
Back away from the keyboard with your hands up, NOW!"