[rescue] NeWS

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Thu Feb 2 11:19:18 CST 2006

In article <20060202170305.GA31148 at cable.mendelson.com>,
    "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <gsm at mendelson.com>  writes:

> One particular one, made an important fix to their code one day last
> week and by the next morning thousands of systems running their program
> crashed. [...]

I would lay the blame for this on people deploying software before
they've tested it in their organization.  I don't care if its OSS or
commercial software, you don't do a big deployment of a new version
"just because its there".  You have to evaluate new versions of
software in your environment before committing your entire
organization to them.
             Pilgrimage: Utah's annual demoparty
                <http://pilgrimage.scene.org>