[rescue] Anyone have a PERC/RAID card?

Sevan / Venture37 venture37 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 28 11:30:58 CST 2006

Steve Hatle wrote:
>All,
>
>I'm wanting to fire up an old Dell for some back end file storage, but am
>lacking a RAID controller. Anyone have a PERC card or other PCI RAID
>controller they want to part with?
>
>One that plays well with linux or *BSD preferred :-)
>
>Thanks,
>
>Steve

Make sure you get a LSI based PERC card & not  a adaptec one, adaptec
support has been removed from the openbsd kernel for some time now. plus
with the ami/LSI based cards you can use the excellent bioctl tool which
is now included in openbsd to manage your array.

Sevan / Venture37
--
"The truth, the half-truth, and nothing like the truth." - Mark Brandon Read