[rescue] A not-so-excellent Internet Adventure

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Dec 18 09:20:05 CST 2006

Sun, 17 Dec 2006 @ 21:29 -0600, Bill Bradford said:

> On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 10:10:19PM -0500, Bryan Gurney wrote:
> > I was unable to play Half-Life 2  until about 9:30 PM EST or so.
>
> OH THE HUMANITY!
>
> (yes, I know, I paid for a copy of HL2 too and being able to play the game
>  when you want is part of owning it..)

The whole idea of software authorization is totally stupid, and even
dangerous.

Twice locally I've seen licenses cause real harm, once with an
accounting system that locked its owner out of his own data, and another
time at a local hospitical their surgical ward monitoring software's
license failed.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["People should have access to the data which
you have about them.  There should be a process for them to challenge any