[rescue] rescued my new mail/web server tonight

Magnus magnus at yonderway.com
Tue Dec 12 20:30:54 CST 2006

I've been wanting to retire the Pee Cee (1.4GHz Duron) that is running
my email/web services and tonight I saved its replacement from the dumpster.

Sun Enterprise 250, 2x400MHz processors, 2GB RAM, 6x72GB 15KRPM disks.

Seems like too much machine for the job but my wife killed her Pee Cee
and I don't want to buy a new one so she gets the old (current) web/mail
server.  This Duron would actually be an upgrade from the 1.1GHz celery
she killed.

 From the same pickup I grabbed 3x Sun UltraSPARC 10 workstations.  I've
had enough of the Ultra5/10 boxes so I am regifting those to some Linux
geek friends that want to learn Solaris on something more appropriate
than a Pee Cee.