[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 49, Issue 19

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Sat Dec 9 16:33:02 CST 2006

mpickering at mindspring.com wrote:
>> You should not be able to get a driver's license without driving a
>> 24-foot straight truck around town or city for an hour - fail that, no
>> license.  That in itself would eliminate the most dangerous drivers.
>>
>> --Patrick
>
> Or alternately, require any new driver to get a motorcycle endorsement first and ride a bike for 3 months.  :)

There was at one time a proposal in the UK Parliament to mandate that
you could not get a license to drive a car until you had first obtained
a motorcycle license and ridden a motorcycle on the street for 2 years.

I can see a considerable amount of sense in it, but it didn't pass.

--
 Same geek, same site, new location