[rescue] Sun Netra = Ultra 2?

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Fri Dec 8 13:23:30 CST 2006

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 17:58:44 -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Mike Meredith wrote:
> > the 70mph limit.
>

> Actually, I understand the actual incident that spurred the motorway
> speed limit was some half-witted society bimbo in some expensive and

Could be, but I suspect it was a combination of numerous incidents of
stupidity. The clueless and witless just weren't capable of grasping
that an unrestricted zone didn't mean you could drive as fast as you
could. Even my dad, who was in the 1960s a bit of a speed freak (fast
bikes mostly) reluctantly admits that the new speed limits were a good
idea although he'd vastly prefer that the limits only applied to the
idiots.