[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 49, Issue 17

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Fri Dec 8 06:12:36 CST 2006

Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> You should not be able to get a driver's license without driving a
> 24-foot straight truck around town or city for an hour - fail that, no
> license.  That in itself would eliminate the most dangerous drivers.

I think the UK driving test is much better than most American driving
tests.  And I like the German scheme even better:  To get a driving
license in Germany, you must pass not one, but three driving tests.  You
will take the third in the rain.  (In fact, if memory serves, you will
take the third test *at night* in the rain.)

--
 Same geek, same site, new location