[rescue] Anyone interested in a Sun E3000?

Andy Wallis rawallis at panix.com
Wed Dec 6 09:37:48 CST 2006

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 09:19:45AM -0500, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> How would I go about burning an mkcd on my workstation from the server?
>   Use mkcd to create an image, transfer it over, and then burn it on the
> workstation?
mkcd -S is your friend. Add in -L for DVD sized images. I've used it for years
to generate mksysb bootable CDs and DVDs. For the record, AIX does support
booting from DVD-R in all of their DVD drives. I've made DVDs to boot POWER4,
POWER5, and POWER5+ machines. The AIX supplied readcd and cdrecord have issues
scanning the bus, but can make ISO files until the cows come home.
-Andy Wallis