[rescue] Sun Ultra 1 boot failure

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Dec 4 11:22:21 CST 2006

" From: Michael-John Turner <mj at turner.org.za>
"
" On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 03:59:54AM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
" > Do I really need to upgrade the OBP?
"
" I normally upgrade the OBP of any UltraSPARC machine I get, as a matter of
" course. Looking at the changelogs for the bugs fixed in newer PROMs always
" convinces me that it's a Good Thing :)

i just did the job on my 'new' us1/200e.

it makes me wish again that sun had an update for my sparcengine ultra
20, but this seems to have been a product that never really went
anywhere.  i'm stuck at obp 3.7 and the manual i downloaded is marked
preliminary - and doesn't even mention the 300MHz usII my board has.