[rescue] advice on rescuing an e10k

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Mon Dec 4 05:15:01 CST 2006

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 02:14:44AM -0500, Aaron Finley wrote:
[...]
> On a side note related to power, I'm used to under $50/mo power bills
> around here. However, after rescuing a HP Color Laserjet 4550, I received
> a bill for $80 for the last month. $30/mo for a printer?

It could be even higher if it's not got a power-saving mode. My Laserjet 4
draws about 60W in standby which goes up to about 1kW when it's doing stuff.

At 10.7p/kWh, that's about 77 quid a month. Not good. (My electricity, bill,
in an all-electric flat, comes to about 75p/day.)

> I can't imagine what something like an E10K would end up costing.

As that saying goes, if you have to ask...