[rescue] Netra t1 105 question

Bryan Gurney arb_npx42 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 28 21:23:31 CDT 2006

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 22:00:48 -0400, Lionel Peterson
<lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:

>> From: laz at moaa.net
>> Date: 2006/08/28 Mon PM 08:29:12 CDT
>> To: rescue at sunhelp.org
>> Subject: Re: [rescue] Netra t1 105 question
>
>> The last netra I got acted the same way.. for whatever reason, after
>> being off for so long, it just wanted to take a LONG time on testing..
>> I'd say do the power on, and walk away for the night.
>> that didi the trick for me.
>
> I'm happy to give that a try - but a final question: How should
> handshaking be set?
>
> I'm trying to set up "Hyperterminal" on a Win2K PC to act as console,
> and with "Hardware" control, I had the behavior I mentioned earlier,
> butiof set to "Xon/Xoff" the console appeared to act properly (it
> responded to "#.", but I never saw the system banner after waiting a few
> minutes), and "None" appears wrong...

"None" should be the correct option for flow control; that's what I have
in my saved HyperTerminal profile for connecting to Sun boxen through the
serial port.  I also set the terminal emulation to VT100 so I could have a
known type (if you install Solaris in textmode, and select the wrong
terminal type, the text gets a bit garbled when it redraws).