[rescue] Netra t1 105 question

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 28 20:31:48 CDT 2006

>From: Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net>
>Date: 2006/08/28 Mon PM 08:06:30 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Netra t1 105 question

>Usually you type "poweron", wait a bit, then you see the Sun banner
>(text mode) with the OpenBoot verbiage.
>
>If you wait a bit, and nothing happens, you could try entering "#."
>which I think is supposed to send a BREAK.

After "poweron" the system does not echo any keyboard activity.

I've tried "#.", but it seems to have no effect on the system.

To review my assumptions:

With power, ethernet, a serial terminal attached and a HD installed, I should see "LOM" interface on Serial A.

On Serial B I should see nothing.

If I powerup the system by either typing "poweron" or toggling the power switch I should see the banner/console activity on Serial A. I should see nothing on Serial B.

The system came to me as "bare metal" - no HDs installed, so no LOM software on HD, no O/S to boot if system left alone.

As far as I can tell, I can't even tell the MAC address of the system to set up an install server "account".

Thanks,

Lionel