[rescue] Netra t105 question

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 25 07:22:52 CDT 2006

>From: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>
>Date: 2006/08/25 Fri AM 07:00:56 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Netra t105 question

<snip>

>I tend to use Cat5 for all my console cables because it makes it really
>easy for me to cut console cables to length, and I managed to get a
>giant bag full of RJ45->DB25 adapters at a liquidation sale for $1.
>There were well over a hundred in the bag.

I've been looking for a similar bag for quite a while, as I'd like to set up my portmaster serial console server soon, but I'm not quite ready to tear everything apart and then rebuild (my basement looks like one of those "fifteen" puzzles, where you have one empty space, and to get to anything you have to move other things...).

Thanks, I'll try the Cisco cable, confident it "Should Just Work(c)",

Lionel