[rescue] UPS battery replacement

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Thu Aug 24 12:38:09 CDT 2006

On Thursday 24 August 2006 12:29, Skeezics Boondoggle wrote:
> These are 9Ah/12V (some Panasonic part #, I think) and the factory
> list (Eaton/Powerware) is $51 each, which is, er, *insane* since I
> can buy a new cabinet _with batteries_ for $179... For now, I've just
> reconfigured two units to use one cabinet apiece with reduced runtime
> - I don't really _need_ two strings on each UPS. :-)  But since
> they're both about the same age, I'm concerned that if the 2nd unit's
> batts give out, I'll have *two* of them start bleep bleep bleeping
> me.  Every five bleep bleep bleep seconds.  Nonstop.  bleep Until I
> bleep bleep... snap...

I've used Portable Power Systems (www.gotbatteries.com) with good luck.

The only 12V 9AH battery I can find there is this one:
http://www.gotbatteries.com/items.asp?params=batteries/SLA/3/CSB%20Battery/HR1234WF2/HR1234WF2/SL104/39L104S1

It'd be helpful to have the Panasonic part # to figure out exactly what
battery you needed.

The shipping prices they have are also fairly affordable.

Pat