[rescue] q on G4 "Digital Audio" and screen res

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Aug 24 10:55:33 CDT 2006

Sat, 19 Aug 2006 @ 23:38 -0500, Lionel Peterson said:

> Widescreen does a lot of little things, like allow you to see two
> pages of text pretty clearly, little things like that...

Something I'm curious about though, is how it handles software which
expects a square format.

For example, what happens when you run a game that can only do square
resolutions?

It would suck if the widescreen display spread that out to fit...

I've been thinking about a wide screen replacement for my old Sony tube,
but that's one issue I've thought about.

Also, how do you figure out if your video card can do it?  From what
I've read, it isn't just a matter of having the bandwidth, some of them
don't seem to like creating the widescreen resolutions.

I can't seem to find any solid information on that.

Maybe it mostly doesn't matter, but I'd like to be able to verify first.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Star Wars Moral Number 17: Teddy bears are
dangerous in herds."]