[rescue] Dual headed U10

Bryan Gurney arb_npx42 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 23 20:43:20 CDT 2006

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 14:56:52 -0400, Don Y <dgy at DakotaCom.Net> wrote:

> Bill Bradford wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 12:01:48PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>>> Has anyone out there ever opened up a keyboard after a few years of
>>> use?
>>> What really amazes me is the sheer volume of *HAIR* that gets in them,
>
> Eyelashes!
>
>>> as well as "dander powder" from dead skin cells.
>>
>> Dishwasher.  (seriously).
>
> A friend dunks them in his swimming pool (but, then again, he
> has far more keyboards than any of *us*!  :> )

I've just changed keyboards each time.

1997: Compaq 101-key keyboard would stop sending certain letters:
- bought Mouse Systems PS/2 ergo keyboard (with the 6 on the right, where
it should be!).

2003: Mouse Systems ergo keyboard was pretty dirty and spacebar wasn't
working so well:
- bought a Sun PS/2 keyboard (320-1256-01).

2006: Got sick of the Sun keyboard not registering multiple keys pressed
down in Quake, Doom 3, etc.
       (and the left Ctrl key would sometimes bind and not press down,
which is bad since it's my "Fire" button):
- bought a Saitek Eclipse USB keyboard.