[rescue] Dual headed U10

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Aug 23 10:38:15 CDT 2006

Wed, 16 Aug 2006 @ 14:20 -0700, Don Y said:

> I think OLEDs will suffer from the same sorts of problems that
> LCD's do -- burned out pixels.  :-(  Thankfully, the only
> practical way to do this with a CRT is for the deflection amps
> to fail  :-(

It can also happen if the mask is damaged.  My Sony Trinitron has a
damaged mask causing one tiny "pixel" to be black, though not always.  I
think it is actually just part of one pixel that is damaged (3 column
RBG elements per pixel).

I like CRTs better, but I already have issues with room and heat, so my
next screen will probably be LCD.  My Sony 400PS is 8 years old now, and
needs to be replaced soon.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["There are nowadays professors of
philosophy, but not philosophers." ]