[rescue] SS Voyager cable info sought

Mon Aug 21 16:07:43 CDT 2006

>> [...SPARCstation Voyager...DC power cable...]
>> Second, absent that, does anyone know the pinout?  I'm not afraid to
>> bring out those connections on the machine to another, external,
>> connector, and likewise on the power brick...if I can be confident
>> I'll be getting the pinout right.
> Have you pulled down the Voyager manual from sun.com?

I have a copy of 801-3872-12 ("SPARCstation Voyager Service Manual").
It has a section on pinouts.  But....

- This gives the pinout of the "external battery connector".  It does
   not give the pinout of the cable, or of the (superficially
   physically identical) connector on the mains power brick.

- It does not even give that pinout completely.  The graphic of the
   connector shows pins 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, A, and B, but the pinout
   lists numbers 1 through 10.

Is this the manual you were talking about?  It's the only Sun doc on
the Voyager I've found a copy of so far.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca