[rescue] USB<->Serial Adapters for Windows Laptops to Sun boxes

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Mon Aug 21 15:42:09 CDT 2006

   On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Definitely go for Keyspan.

   Stupid question time...

   I have a problem that goes the other way 'round -- I need to
attach a serial device (a modem to talk to a TAP gateway) to a
V240, and all that's availale seems to be a USB connection.  Do
these USB<->RS-232 doohickies work for that application, or would
I just be better off looking for a USB-connected modem?

   Why, oh why, did Sun flush the serial ports on their newer
kit?  Having a ttyb was so nice for applications like dial-out.

   Cheers!