[rescue] ultra 10 plastics

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Aug 21 14:43:03 CDT 2006

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 08:31:44PM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> Now there's an interesting idea.
> My moribund G4 PowerBook is starting to corrode in places,
> particularly where my wrists rest underneath the keyboard. If I
> replace it with the newer model, would a coat of (UV protective, or
> whatever) varnish be a useful addition?

http://www.shieldzone.com/

However, what they sell is just pre-cut 6mil 3M Paint Protection Film -
so you can probably get scraps / pieces cheaper from the local "we do clear
car bras" car accessories place (tint shops, etc).

I priced out a roll of the stuff on eBay and it was around $30 for more than
I'd ever need in my life..

Works great on my iPod though!

Bill

--