[rescue] q on G4 "Digital Audio" and screen res

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Sat Aug 19 22:07:40 CDT 2006

On Aug 19, 2006, at 10:38 PM, Joshua Boyd wrote:

>> IMHO, widescreen is the only way to fly with OSX.
>
> Is it really that much better than 1280x1024?  Widescreen is certainly
> cool, but I just can't get over a feeling that I'd regred the overall
> loss of pixels from 1280x1024.

It is not that many pixels different, but the key I think, is that you
have a wider format.

Ever notice that when you are sketching or diagramming something, you
will often switch the paper to landscape format?

> Viewsonic widescreen that Tiger recently had for $280) would be very
> nice.  If they still have that deal, I mighgt be tempted beyond my
> ability to withstand this month).

If you have the cash, get 1600x1050 or whatever.  That way you have
more total pixels as well.

Also, I now have half of my desk back vs. the 17" CRT I had here half
an hour ago.

--Patrick