[rescue] q on G4 "Digital Audio" and screen res

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sat Aug 19 21:38:27 CDT 2006

On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 10:27:45PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> Amazingly, this thread had little help for the original question.
>
> I am pleased to report that the G4 DA I have, detected and set up with
> a Viewsonic VA1912wb flawlessly, except it guessed 1360x768 instead of
> 1440x900, which was a one-click fix.
>
> It could be that it was trying to match as closely as possible, the
> earlier 1280x1024 resolution.
>
> IMHO, widescreen is the only way to fly with OSX.

Is it really that much better than 1280x1024?  Widescreen is certainly
cool, but I just can't get over a feeling that I'd regred the overall
loss of pixels from 1280x1024.

Now a widescreen that was actually a higher resolution (say the 20"
Viewsonic widescreen that Tiger recently had for $280) would be very
nice.  If they still have that deal, I mighgt be tempted beyond my
ability to withstand this month).
.
--
Joshua D. Boyd