[rescue] q on G4 "Digital Audio" and screen res

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Sat Aug 19 17:19:50 CDT 2006

> > The PowerBook G4 667Mhz that I just cleaned up for its new owner is
> > five years old, yet is perfectly usable with the latest version of the
> > operating system.  Can't say that about many Windows PCs nowdays..
> The newest version of Windows was released five years[0] ago.

Yea, my Windows notebooks are a PIII-700mzh tablet, and a PIII-600mhz
Toshiba Portege. Both run Win2K fine (Piii600 also has FreeBSD), and I use
them often. My other notebooks are a PII-400mhz Dell running Debian, which
we use to do live audio recording of local unix users group meetings, and
a K6 something running NetBSD which has a failing drive.

I still get a good amount of use out of old notebooks. I actually need to
find another PIII one to run a free application called FreestylerDMX for
running club lights. Uhmp shh uhmp shh uhmp shh uhmp shh.

In terms of Macs, to quote my mac friend "With this new powerbook dual
core bla bla ... OS X for once actually feels fast."

(My new-used G4 powerbook 400mhz aluminum thing isn't working... I think
it has issues).

			- Ethan