[rescue] q on G4 "Digital Audio" and screen res

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Aug 19 00:34:25 CDT 2006

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 07:26:47PM -0400, velociraptor wrote:
> On 8/18/06, Michael Parson <mparson at bl.org> wrote:
> > But it is a great box, even being 5 years old.
> That's the nicest part about Macs, IMO.

The PowerBook G4 667Mhz that I just cleaned up for its new owner is
five years old, yet is perfectly usable with the latest version of the
operating system.  Can't say that about many Windows PCs nowdays..

http://www.apple-history.com/?page=gallery&model=pg4_giga

I wouldn't mind having one or two G4 towers around (I'd run XGrid on them
to help speed up my video conversions on the iMac) but I seem to always
miss the "nearly free Mac" deals despite having Sun gear coming out the
wazoo..

Bill

--
Bill Bradford