[rescue] Processor choice

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Fri Aug 18 14:58:34 CDT 2006

On Aug 18, 2006, at 3:44 PM, Mark KAHRS wrote:

> OK, I'd like to get a Solaris machine that runs tex/latex for my
> uncle (a retired physics professor).  Further, I'd like him to be
> able to use his Windoze laptop to log into the said machine (and
> get graphical output on the Windoze machine).

I would look into VMware player, which would let him run Solaris in a
window on his Windows machine.

Or, install Solaris 10 with JDS on any >200Mhz UltraSPARC system or P3
or higher x86 machine, and then install x11vnc on the Solaris machine
and VNC on the Windows machine.

When he is happy with the output, he can output to PDF and bring the
document over to his Windows machine.

Cordially
Patrick Giagnocavo
patrick at zill.net