[rescue] Dual headed U10

Don Y dgy at DakotaCom.Net
Thu Aug 17 11:32:47 CDT 2006

Peter Corlett wrote:
> On 16 Aug 2006, at 23:39, Don Y wrote:
> [...]
>> Is there a recommended practice for cleaning them that
>> differs from "typical" CRT's?  Or, am I imagining this?  :>
>
> How do you clean your "typical" CRTs?

I use a VERY mild (i.e. so that it isn't too alkaline nor
anxious to suds up) soapy water solution in a spray bottle.

> I tend to treat them as annoyingly-shaped windows and use bog
> standard glass cleaner, polishing the residues out with a soft cloth
> afterwards. Works a treat, even on Sony glass.

I use Windex on the case but try to keep it off the glass.
I've found the soapy water just isn't aggressive enough
to deal with dirt/oil/grime on textured finishes (i.e. you
have to "scrub" too much to deal with the "porous" surface).